— — — —
Welcome to the AVLTree home page. It's plain, but that's because I
spend most of my time working on more interesting projects instead of
making my web pages look cool. You can download any version you wish
below, although the newest versions are at the top of the list. I only
distribute this package in tar/gzip format at the moment.
- AVLTree 0.1.5 released Wednesday,
January 7, 2009
- Fixed some issues compiling under stricter compilers and updated
some URLs in the documentation.
- AVLTree 0.1.4 released Sunday,
November 16, 2008
- Incorporated idea from Samhain's version of this code to
have xAVLCloseSearchNode() also return information on if an exact match
was found to make some of the internal routines more efficient.
- AVLTree 0.1.3 released Wednesday,
July 4, 2001
- BUG FIX: The AVL tree was not being
rebalanced whenever a leaf node was deleted, even if the parent node
became unbalanced by the operation.
- AVLTree 0.1.2 released Sunday,
March 4, 2001
- Consolidation of *AVLTree.h and *AVLTree.c files into a single
Bourne shell script that generates them.
Includes new gAVLTree data
Test program chanegd to use gAVLTree instead of zAVLTree.
Updated the README file.
- AVLTree 0.1.1 released Sunday,
March 4, 2001
- Updated contact information, which is grossly out of date in the
Added a test program that also serves as an
example using a zAVLTree.
Added a dumb Makefile.
- AVLTree 0.1.0 released 1998
- Initial release.
The Future Plans
- Makefile will generate static and shared library files.
- Add *SkipList data types using as similar API as *AVLTree as
possible and rename package accordingly (maybe call it DataBall?).
- SkipList data type supports easy implementation of a mass insert
function to speed up data loading, so add that to the interface and
simply disable it for *AVLTree until the complexities are worked
- Add merge function to API that takes two *AVLTrees or *SkipLists and
merges the data in one into the other (destructively or
Contact COSINE at COSINE dot ORG if you want to chat!